Monday, November 22, 2010

Photo illustrash.

Hey guys! For my photo illustration, I knew I wanted to do something dream related. I initially wanted to do something inspired by the film Inception, but as I began to think about it more, it seemed like it might be a little bit too difficult and hard to read, so I went with something more simple.

final

Grand Rapids senior, Ben Weissenborn, thinks about his bed while nodding off in class. Many students, especially around finals, don't get much sleep, resulting in fatigue, difficulty concentrating and lowered mood.

To make my illustration, I shot the main, larger photo in the studio. I came home after the studio and shot the "sleeping" photo in my bed. I toned both photos in Photoshop a little bit, then used the circle tool to draw the first 3 bubbles. For the 4th, I used the marquee tool to select part of the sleeping image. I then copy and pasted on top of the other photo. I then went back and used the circle tool to draw a circle that was similar in shape to the part of the sleeping photo that I had selected, then used the free transform tool to give the exact dimensions. I then made it just a little bit bigger so that it would act as a kind of border for the sleeping photo. I blurred the edges of the bubbles, as well as the outside of the sleeping photo and voila!

Here's my lighting setup:

DSC_0136

If you want to see some of the other "drafts" I went through, check out my post before this one! Big thanks to Tze Lin, Tanya and Paige for their input.

No comments:

Post a Comment