Monday, November 29, 2010

JRN420: Additional image

I decided to do another photo illustration, considering how much fun I had doing the first one. I had a lot of leftover ideas and decided to go with one I had that had to do with branding and its effect on lifestyle.

shlurp2

An anomaly appears on an x-ray of Grand Rapids senior Ben Weissenborn's chest. Many brands, most notably Apple, have a lifestyle attached to them that many consumers accept and adopt at will.


For this image, I first took the photo of my torso in the studio with the lighting setup below. I then found an image of a chest X-ray on Google Images that was not copyright protected. I brought that into Photoshop and selected the portion I wanted to use using the elliptical marquee tool. I then found an image of the Apple logo and brought that into Photoshop. I desaturated it and brightened it up so that it would show up better in the "x-ray." I superimposed the x-ray image on top of the photo of myself, then put the Apple logo on top of that. I turned the opacity of the Apple logo down to zero and erased the portions that appeared over top of the ribs, so that it would look like the logo was behind the ribs. I brought the opacity back up a little bit so that it was still slightly opaque, but more visible. I then flattened the whole image and blurred the logo and around the x-ray so that they would blend better.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

DSC_0197

1 comment:

  1. First time at your blog Benjie

    I did the photos

    especially the one of you day dreaming of your bed. haha

    ReplyDelete